Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Quinoa Side Dish






Maybe everyone else in the world already knows about Quinoa (kee-wa)but I have only been using for about two months now and I love it. This is a a recipe for rice that I used to use, but is so much better with quinoa. I double it for my family of 6 so that there is enough for dinner and lunch tomorrow.

Quinoa and Broccoli Side Dish
1 Cup quinoa soaked (15min. at least) and rinsed in wire strainer
1 3/4 -2 Cups water
1 heaping Tbsp. of chicken or veg. bullion paste
Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer and cover for 12 min.
1 Cup broccoli florets
1/2 Cup shredded carrots optional ( I have never added them today but had some leftover from another recipe and so I added them and I really like what the added color does for it and can you ever add too many veggies?)
Then add broccoli florets and shredded carrots for last 8 min. ( like mine quite small so that they cook faster)
Serve warm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...