Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Bran Flax Muffins



Yesterday my daughter requested cinnamon bran muffins for an after school snack. The problem with the recipe I have called for shortening, white flour, and processed cereals so I couldn't really feel too good about that being a healthy snack. So with a little searching I found a recipe that I think is suitable. They are not home yet but I ate three and then had to put them away to stop myself. They really are good. When you get to the part about the eggs I read that in an organic cooking magazine and have decided to add that to all of my recipes that contain eggs. Hopefully I can trust mine.
Bran Flax Muffins
1 1/2 Cups unbleached white flour ( I used fresh ground wheat)
3/4 Cup Flax meal
3/4 Cup Oat Bran
1 C. Brown sugar
2 tsp. Baking soda
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 1/2 Cups shredded carrots
2 peeled and shredded apples
1 Cup cinnamon chips ( or just add a couple TBSP of cinnamon)
3/4 Cup milk
2 eggs (from a chicken you can trust) beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
I left out:
1/2 cup raisins
1 Cup nuts
Mix all ingredients well in mixer and then fill muffin tins 3/4 of the way full. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...