Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Jane Austin's Pride and Prejudice



I am so lucky to get to be in a book club. I read for leisure a lot in middle school, but during high school and college there seemed to be so much assigned reading that I pretty much never picked up book for pleasure. About 5 years ago by chance I attended book club at a friends home and was hooked. I still struggle to get one book a month read, but what I love is the diversity of other people choices. So what could be a better book for February than Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin. Of course the movie with Collin Firth has been a favorite for years (who could get tired of watching Colin Firth), however a few years ago I started my own collection of Jane Austin works and have now read it three times. I think what makes this such a classic is that it is every girls dream to be truly and deeply loved and to not even know it. Book club is actually tomorrow and I know there will be some who say it is boring and the language hard to understand and to them I would say memorize the movie then read the book and you will find yourself repeating Mr. Darcy's lines over in your head, anticipating his many memorable lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...