Sunday, February 13, 2011

Aren't they beautiful?
I am still in my first year as a chicken owner, and although the cold weather has not made caring for chickens as enjoyable as it was in the summer I wanted to show off how proud I am of my hens.  I have five chickens and I was told they would slow down in the winter, which they did with all the snow keeping them stuck in the coop, however in the last few weeks we have had some warm days so they have been out eating up all the grass and what ever it is they find.  The Result:  five to six eggs a day for weeks in a row!  This is tons more than in the summer, so I am a happy chicken owner.

2 comments:

  1. I am impressed! My Grandma who had a farm and I helped her collect the eggs, never had eggs that looked that beautiful! You should be really happy "chicken owner"! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful...but exactly how do you know how to trust a chicken? What kind of eggs do the untrustworthy chickens produce???

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...