Monday, February 7, 2011

Parmasean Chicken Strips

This was a meal my mom prepared a lot when we were teenagers and now it is something my kids always pick for dinner. There are two versions to the recipe.  I do the easy version and just by Italian seasoned bread crumbs, however I left my husband to do the cooking Saturday night and he followed the recipe and I must say they had a lot more flavor that way.

Parmesan Chicken Strips
4 Chicken Breasts cut into strips
1/4 Cup Skim Milk
1/4 Cup Egg (I use 1 to 2 eggs from a chicken I trust)
2/3 Cup bread crumbs
2/3 Cup grated parmesan cheese (I use a mix of fresh grated and the powder)
1 1/4 tsp. dried whole basil
3/4 tsp dried whole thyme
1/4 tsp onion Powder
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes

Combine milk and egg in small bow.  Stir will.  Combine bread crumbs and next 5 ingredients.  Stir will.  Dip chicken strips in milk mixture.  Dredge in bread crumbs mixture.  Place chicken strips on sprayed baking sheet.  Bake at 400 degrees for 18 min. or until lightly browned.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...