Sunday, February 27, 2011

Breakfast for Chickens

  Here is a quick picture of my chickens enjoying their breakfast of scrambled eggs and shells.
When I first got my chickens they were eating each others feathers so I did a little checking around and found out they needed protein. So I spoiled them and let them out of the coop to eat bugs.  That worked well in the summer when there was bugs to eat but what they really go crazy for is chicken scraps, eggs, shells and elk meat (I'm sure any red meat).  Now I am not going to give them good food, but the part of the chicken I won't eat or the egg left over from making french toast, or the left over roast I never got around to re-using.  It makes them happy, saves their feathers and makes bigger eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...