Monday, March 14, 2011

Corn Bread

Have you ever noticed that corn bread has a lot more flour than corn meal in it?  Well I found this recipe and have been using it for a while now and what I like is there is no oil or butter in the recipe and a fair amount of corn meal.  I will admit it doesn't taste the same as the other recipe I used to use, but it is very moist and with a dab of honey does taste just as good.
Old Fashioned Corn Bread
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup corn meal
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda
2 eggs lightly beaten from a chicken you can trust. (I used 2 Tbls. flax meal combined with 6Tbls. water. Stir together and let sit while you mix other ingredients)
1 1/2 cups buttermilk ( since I rarely have buttermilk on hand I just put 3 Tbls lemon juice in a large measuring cup and add enough milk to make it a total of 1 1/2 cups and let that sit for a minute to sour the milk.)
Pour into a greased square pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...