Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Whole Wheat Bread

This post is for Natalie who felt like the multi-grain bread was too complicated.  This one is simple and quick and 98% of the time I get perfect bread, (there is always that day once in a long while when things just aren't going your way and it's a flop) I think the main trick to this bread is to let the mixer knead for a full 8 to 10 min.  That will feel like a long time but it is well worth it.   This recipe comes from Kitchen Kneads which is a store in West Jordan, UT and is a great place to buy all your grain and nuts and other healthy items in bulk.  You can half this if your mixer can not handle that much flour.  It says it makes 5 loaves.  I am picky and don't like my bread to have a muffin top so when I make it I use 3 of the really long loaf pans from IKEA and one regular size I think 8 inch.  This gives me 4 loaves just the size I like.  Once cooled I slice and place in reused bread bags and place in my freezer for our every day use.

Whole Wheat Bread (kitchen Kneads)
6 Cups warm water                         2 Tbls. Yeast
3 Tbls. Lecithin                                   2 Tbls Dough enhancer
2 tbls. Salt                                            1/3 cup honey
14-16 cups wheat flour
Mix all ingredients adding last two cups of flour slowly until dough pulls away from side of bowl (I usually end up using all 16 cups and sometimes a little more).  Spray clean counter top with cooking spray and divide and pat into rectangles, roll up and place in greased bread pans.  Let rise until doubled( or just arching above rim of pan). It will rise considerably once in the oven.  Bake at 350 for 30 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...