Friday, June 10, 2011

Black Bean Brownies

Okay so I am so sorry that I have disappeared for a month.  This is a new favorite of mine and if your kids are not suspisious like my two older kids (who won't even try them because they don't trust me anymore)  they will love them ( like my younger two).  I have become a really big fan of black beans.  It all started with Megans black bean soup which is now a comfort food.   However to save money I started cooking a big pot of dry black beans each week and then we just had them there to add to our meals.  It is amazing how many things are better with black beans. So give these a try they double really well in a 9x13 and no one I have given them to has known any difference.  They are pretty fudge like so if you like your brownies more cake like just add a couple tablespoons of flour. 

Black Bean Brownies:
3 eggs
1 can of low sodium  or salt less black beans or 15 oz. of cooked dry beans.
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp. sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup nuts
I don't do nuts in brownies so I added penut butter chips and that is my favorite of all the variations I have tried.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place all ingredients excepts chocolate chips and nuts in food processor and blend until smooth.  Stir in chocolate chips, pour into 8 inch baking dish and bake for 30 to 35 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...